Sunday, May 17, 2009

Testimonials by Contributors

Here's what people who've contributed for Abhimanyu have to say about this initiative. Many thanks for everyone whose contributed.

Seema:

Hi Onir,
I like that u are asking for financial help, fearlessly ,for Abimanyu
U cn count me in for 25,000.00, and maybe a little more as things progress. I deeply care for the issue at hand.

Luv
Seema

Based on your last couple of films, I trust U will do justice to this sensitive ,unexplored and very prevelent subject , in India .

I pledge Thirty Thousand Rupees towards Abhimanyu.

Good Luck
Seema

Deep Basu

Onir is a gud friend and i love the way he makes his films...the story of abhimanyu really touched me and i seriously wanted to be a part of this film and would like to be in all THE films in the near future made by anticlock films and Onir .
Nandini

I have contributed because these messages of social justice and conscience are very important for our times and country and deserve to be well-depicted in film; I can think of no one more able to do this job than Onir, director of My Brother Nikhil.

Cheers,
Nandini

Mahua

I was in college with Onir and have followed his amazing work over the years. I am happy to support Abhimanyu and am looking forward to its completion.
Best, Mahua

Hiyaa:

Why I contributed to Abhimanyu...well...the reasons are personal first and then the social cause comes up.

I met Onir at Sanjay's place a couple of years ago. He and Sanjay (who is my cousin) had just completed 'My Brother Nikhil' and we got chatting. I probably now exchange more news with Onir than Sanju though it is mostly online. I have been assisted by Sanjay when I needed assistance really badly (Thank you Sanju, it meant a lot) and he is such a gem of a person. I wish I could do more but I am starting with what I can. They both are making films that do have a reason for being there. I feel both of them are worthy of more recognition than what they get. I am a huge fan of both of these wonderful people and I am so glad to know they are making films that do leave a mark on the audience. It makes me think of them as doing their bit for humanity in their own way.

Why shouldn't I be a part of it? Guys, I am really proud of you both! I hope to contribute to your other ventures too and I hope the amounts get bigger and better. Social issues in India are a hush. Incest, abuse, rapes...these are a few of the things our citizens like to sweep under the carpet and pretend it doesn't exist. It does exist and every 6th person one knows has actually, in his or her own lifetime been through it. Yes...these five films are something I will definitely be a part of...and more projects thereafter. I sure am in !!!

I encourage others to do their bit...every little assistance counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment